The CO2 Vaginal Laser is a novel, simple and ambulatory technique. Before the treatment, it is advisable to perform a prior gynecological examination, a urine examination and a vaginal culture. The average number of sessions required is 3. Each session last around 30 minutes. This technique is used to treat the following conditions:
- Mild, moderate stress urinary incontinence (when coughing, laughing and exercising).
- Vaginal atrophy (dryness, pain during sexual intercourse, and irritation).
- Postpartum vaginal hyperlaxity (decreased sensation after childbirth).
- Benign lesions of the vulva and cervix (cyst of the Bartholino gland duct, acrochordon or squamous papilloma among other lesions).
- Human papillomavirus or HPV (lesions at the cervix, vulva, and vagina).
-Recurrent vaginal infections (restores vaginal pH and vascularization, helps change vaginal flora).
-Labioplasty (reduction of the inner labia either by congenital cause or hanging lips).
-Genital whitening (whitening and discoloration of the vulva).
-Perinoplasty (Increases muscle tone and elasticity of the pelvic floor).